Wednesday 4 November 2015

Moving, Exams, and Leaving the Countryside Behind

Well it is done.
We have moved out of our house in the country and it settles (the sale is finalised and money in the bank) on the 9th of November.

We farewelled our chickens and bantams who have gone to live with the lovely Liz at Eight Acres. She and Pete kindly offered to take them and seem to be getting  lot of joy just watching the bantam antics and are hopefully getting lots of eggs too.




We have moved closer to Brisbane into suburbia and are gradually getting unpacked and settled in. Some of our amazing friends helped us move and this weekend we are throwing them a thank you BBQ. 
 Jessie is adjusting to a smaller back yard and all the new sights and sound that come from living in close proximity with others.  She has found a few good snoozing spots and is enjoying all the interesting smells on her morning walks.

The new house

The front room is still full of boxes.

Jessie's new back yard.  It goes behind where I stood to take the photo and across the back of the house and half way down the other side

Snoozing with her favourite ball

We still have quite a bit of unpacking to do but that has been on hold as I was studying for my last university exam for the year.  This is now over and I am feeling like I did ok.  Now I just have to wait for my marks.

Studying hard

I am hoping to get back to blogging a bit more now that things have settled down and catching up on what you have all been doing is a priority.

3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed exam went well. My Jessie certainly has less space but so long they are with their pack, dogs cope well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona sounds like big changes...we have also moved now and are slowly settling in.. I also hope to get back to my blog! Good luck with the exams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in your new suburban environment Fiona. You sound well sorted so you have planned it all well - maybe not the exam part though! Great photos of Jessie. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment