Tuesday 7 October 2014

The Weekend Kitchen

It was a long weekend here and boy did we pack it full.  We caught up and went walking with one friend on Saturday morning then went out for lunch and did some shopping (something that we have been putting off for ages since we are not fans of shopping).  Then we went out for a farewell dinner with my youngest brother and his girlfriend who are off to Korea for the next 2 years.
Sunday morning we caught up with Hubby's best friend and his wife and kids for brunch then it was back to Hubby's parents for lunch with them his brother.  We got home at about 4pm and had a early night.  Monday morning was spent doing jobs around the farm and finally in the afternoon I did some baking,  All in all it was a busy weekend.

I did make a carrot cake using my recipe that is super easy.  This time I topped it with a cream cheese icing flavoured with orange rind and it was a very tasty combination,


I have also been making a lot of juices lately with all the beetroot and oranges we have.  I like to include all the beetroot leaves plus ginger, mint, parsley, carrots and cucumber with a bit of orange juice.  It makes a great mid morning pick me up.


What did you get up to in the kitchen on the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment