Tuesday 20 January 2015

Super Summer Salad

I made this salad for Christmas and it was a hit.  I have made it again since and it was well received as well so I thought I would share it with you all as well.



Super Summer Salad

1 Cup of Cooked and Cooled Quinoa
A few handfuls of Rocket
1/2 Lebanese Cucumber
1/2 Avocado Diced
2 Nectarines Sliced
Feta Crumbled
1/4 Cup of chopped Pistachios

Dressing

2 parts Olive Oil
1 part Balsamic Reduction/Glaze
Pinch of Salt
Ground Pepper

To assemble layer the ingredients in the order listed.  You can make up the quantities for everything as you go along, to your taste or based on the number of people you are catering for.

Just before serving whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.  You can use balsamic vinegar instead of the sweeter reduction or glaze but I like the contrast of the sweeter dressing against the saltiness of the feta.

2 comments:

  1. Yummo! Great combination for this time of year. We have been bringing more fruit to our salads lately and though I have been sceptical of watermelon salad in the past I am definitely a convert now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great and I have apricots everywhere but might substitute the nectarine for them!

    Warm regards, Jan

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment