Monday 25 June 2012

Coriander and Macadamia Nut Pesto

After my last post Wendy from Duchess Declutter asked for the recipe so here it is.

I will say though that this is a recipe that you have to adjust to your taste.  Personally I like mine quite nutty and with a generous helping of cheese and garlic.  But you can adjust to suit your own tastes.

Before starting roast your macadamias in a 180 degree oven until just starting to colour.  Remove and cool before making pesto.

Pesto

3 packed cups Coriander
1 1/4 Cups Roasted Macadamias
3/4 Cup Parmesan
4 Cloves of Crushed Garlic
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Put the coriander, garlic, macadamias and parmesan into a food processor and blend till broken down a bit.  The add olive oil till it becomes a paste.  Add salt and pepper to your taste.




3 comments:

  1. Must be pesto making time. I just made some with broccoli and blogged about it too.
    I do love macadamias and coriander so might give yours a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I'm thinking this post may not be great for my weight watchers plan but thank you for posting...looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that Fiona - much appreciated. It certainly looks lovely and a way to use up all that coriander ......
    cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment