Tuesday 2 October 2012

A Home Made Chrismas

It will soon be Christmas.  Are you groaning at the thought?  Are you well on your way in the planning and shopping stakes?  Have you finished all of your gifts and can now sit back, put your feet up and relax?  Or maybe you do not give gifts at all?

For me Christmas is not about the receiving of gifts but about the giving and sharing.  It is not about battling crowds, fighting for car parks, spending time in queues or listening to shopping centre carols on repeat.

For me it is all about taking the time to make things that I know will be enjoyed.  Things made with love.  Where the recipient will know that I care about them enough to spend time making something for them.  Not necessarily something with a high dollar value, but definitely something with a high love value.

So each Wednesday from now until Christmas I will be blogging about a gift idea that can be made at home and I would love it if you would join in each week with your own contribution to "A Home Made Christmas".
I am sure that there are great projects to make, goodies to make, bake and bottle and ideas that you all have to share. I look forward to reading all about the things you make and being inspired by your ideas.
One of the things that I have given in the past is my Cherry Chutney which is a great addition to any Christmas meal.
So get your thinking caps on and dig out those old favourites for your Wednesday posts.

What ideas can you share to create a home made Christmas?

10 comments:

  1. Great idea to allocate a day each week, I will try and join in once I get back home from property....I have many unfinished projects I can use as gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea! I'm always searching for ideas. Sadly I can't take part because most of my family and friends read my blog. I will be reading with interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda feel free to post about any ideas you may not be using this year of things you have tried in the past.

      Delete
  3. I was thinking of stitching up some reuseable shopping bags for some family and friends this year. I plan to use sheets or other material sourced from opp shops to give them even more low spend, low environmental impact credibility.

    I also saw some tutorials for DIY wheat/rice bags in kiddo friendly designs like birds and cars...had been thinking they would make nice pressies for the wee ones in my world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I already thought of something... Will do some research then work on a post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a bit of a tradition of making soap every year in time for Christmas. Soap making day is scheduled for week after next now. I make enough for Christmas presents (with the ones that turn out really neat) and for myself for the year (with the wonky ones).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woops. Here's the recipe: http://witcheskitchen.com.au/making-soap-in-time-for-christmas/

      Delete
    2. Such a good idea Linda. Who doesn't need good soap.

      Delete
  6. Great idea Fiona....but i am so not ready yet lol! I really want to make most of the twins presents this year so i think mosy of our handmade effort will be going toward childrens presents! Love the sound of your cherry chutney!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment