Wednesday 6 February 2013

Lovely Golden Melons

One of the few things that is growing in the garden at the moment are some lovely watermelon.  These are golden midget from Diggers.
The skin is a lovely butter yellow colour and the fruit are quite small which makes it great for just the two of us. Apparently they are quite well suited to cooler climates too.
The flesh is lovely and sweet too.

As with all heirloom watermelon these are not seedless.  So I have some to give away to anyone in Australia.
Please email me if you would like some feebegood at hotmail dot com

4 comments:

  1. Wow, count me in. Do they take up much space - my beds are raised. Im loving the minature cabbages at the moment. I spent the night at a friend's place who is a web designer. He fixed up my blog site - can you give me feedback and see if i missed anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda they do not take up too much space. You would be able to grow them in one of your lower raised beds and they would spill over and grow on the lawn. I will check out out your blog and let you know.

      Delete
  2. oh I was just thinking as I saw the photo, I hope you kept the seeds (I'm such a seed geek!). Yes please, they look like the perfect size for two people. Do you need any silver beet or parsley? My seed box is bursting at the seams! I also still have lots of asian greens (bok choi, mizuna, tat soi) and broccoli, broad beans, dill, etc. Just let me know if there's anything else you're looking for too. Cheers, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES PLEASE! I live in Northern Tas and we have a decidedly cooler climate for most of the year but at the moment we are pretty warm.I would LOVE some seed :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment