Sunday 22 May 2016

Leibster Award Fun

Liz recently nominated me for a Leibster award which is to recognise bloggers that you enjoy connecting with and hearing about. There is 10 unique questions to answer.  Liz has asked some interesting questions then I need to come up with my own 10 questions for my nominated bloggers, Over to Liz's questions:


1. If you had a big lottery win what would you do with it all?
We are in the process of setting our new farm in NZ and it would go towards making this a reality in a shorter time frame.  I would also go on a world tour for six months and put most of it in the bank so that I can set up a business combining psychology (my current field of study) with my passion for growing and cooking food.

2. How do you think you'd fair in a zombie apocalypse?
Even though we have been without power, phone and access for 5 days without an issue and we are seasoned campers currently not so well.  We have a good stock pile of food but have been whittling it down in preparation for our move to NZ.  Once there and set up I think we would do much better. 

3. If you had six months warning do you think you could grow all you needed to feed yourself and your family?
Not here at our rental as easily as on our future property in NZ but I think we would do ok with 6 months warning.  We would have to bring in a lot of soil as we currently have about 5mm of topsoil over rock, but once we had soil we have the skill to manage quite well.

4. What life-skill should every child have to learn in school?
All children should learn how to cook from scratch, basic sewing, growing food and basic budgeting skills.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Back to NZ to be close to my family with good soil and regular rainfall to enable our 5.5 acre farm to thrive and us to garden and farm with greater success.

6. What advice would you give to someone who wanted to live more self-sufficiently?
Just start.  Every skill you gain brings you one step closer.  Read as much as you can and search the web for tips and tricks.  Don't be afraid just have a go.

7. What's your most hated food?
Tripe but this is easy to avoid.  Bananas are the regular food I hate.  I want to like them as I know they are good for you and they make a great snack but every few years I give them another go and I still hate them.

8. What is your favourite quote/saying?
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” 
― J.R.R. TolkienThe Fellowship of the Ring

9. Is there a time you've made a massive fool of yourself in public that you laugh about now?
I once went to a costume party dressed as a nun and it was a really convincing costume and after the party my friends all changed back into their normal clothes and we all went into the city to the night clubs with me still in my costume.  It was hilarious and people often wanted to get deep and meaningful and ask for advice.

10. If you had a warning label what would it say?
Ideas person - Likes to come up with the concept and do the fun bits but leave the boring stuff to others while moving on to a new project.

My five nominations are a bunch of interesting folk sharing their lives with us via their blogs:






My ten questions for these lovely people are:

1. If you had to choose 3 charities to give $100,000 to which charities would they be and why?

2. What is the worst job (at home or work) you have had to do?

3. What strange food combination do you love?

4. What is the one skill you don't have but would love to master?

5. If you could create a new law what would it be?

6. If you could change the perspective for every person on the planet about one issue what would it be?

7.  If the shops closed tomorrow how long could you feed your family for?

8. What do you think the 3 biggest environmental issues are?

9. Which famous people would you have over for dinner and why?

10.  What is your guilty food pleasure?




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination, Fiona:) I will ponder your ten questions for a while before I post my response... I can think of lots of folk I'd love to have dinner with but I only have so many seats at our old wooden table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I hate bananas too unless they are in banana bread! Funny though, when I was pregnant with my son, they were one thing I craved for months. Strange things happen when your pregnant!

      Delete
    2. p.s. I hate bananas too unless they are in banana bread! Funny though, when I was pregnant with my son, they were one thing I craved for months. Strange things happen when your pregnant!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination....busy week will do a post over the weekend. Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment