Tuesday 3 May 2016

Pizza Puffs

In your world these might also be Cheese Puffs but I call them Pizza Puffs as I like to include more veggies.  I often add odds and ends from the fridge too and things that go well are diced olives, corn, diced mushroom, left over meat, feta or anything else that is not too watery.

Pizza Puffs

1/2 cup milk
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 cups cheese grated
1 cup self-raising flour
2 bacon rashers diced
3 Spring onions chopped
1/2 Capsicum finely diced
pinch of salt
Ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 200C.
Combine eggs and milk in a large bowl.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and drop golf ball size blobs of the mixture onto the tray.
Place into oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until slightly golden on top.


8 comments:

  1. They look scrumptious. I think I have half a capsicum in my crisper to use up so think I will make some today. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg That's how mine ended up with capsicum in them the first time.

      Delete
  2. They look lovely Fiona, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids would love these for the school lunch boxes...by the way I know you freeze your home made pasta....what are your tips I think you wrote about it once. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy they would be great in lunchboxes. I dust my pasta well with flour then wind little nests of single serves and put each little nest on a baking tray and freeze in their little piles. Once they are frozen I then bag them up. Then I just take out a portion per person for cooking.

      Delete
  4. Oh yummmm, these sound so delicious and easy, I will give them a try with lovely grilled salty Haloumi instead of the bacon, whip them up in no time.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret haloumi would be lovely and yes it is a very quick bake,

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment