Monday 29 April 2013

April Stockpile Challenge - Thai Fish Cakes

It is the last week of the challenge and this week shopping consisted of carrots, apples, potatoes and corriandar.

Something I have noticed during this challenge, that I really love, is the fact I can see everything that I have in my fridge from the second shelf down.
The reason I say the second shelf down is because we use the top shelf for condiments and things with long expiry dates.  I am finding we are wasting less just because things do not get lost at the back of the fridge.  Does this happen to you as well?

One of the meals on the menu this week was fish cakes.  I had some fish in the freezer that I swapped for some eggs a while back and it needed using up.

I teamed this up with my Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce

Thai Fish Cakes (Tod Man Pla)

500gm White Fish Fillets chopped into pieces
1 Cup Snake Beans (I used purple king climbing beans)
1 Cup Corriandar roughly chopped
2 Stalks Lemon Grass (If you have never used watch this)
4 Cloves of Crushed Garlic
2-4 Red Chillies roughly chopped
4 tsp Fish Sauce
2 Eggs
Oil

Place all ingredients except oil into a food processor and process for 30 seconds or until mix comes together.  Chill for 1 hour.
Shape into 5 cm patties and fry till golden brown.


2 comments:

  1. I would never had thought there would be beans in this recipe. Seems out of place. Can you taste them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought of adding beans either but we have some purple king growing so I will have to give it a try as that recipe sounds so yummy Fiona!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
Thanks for taking the time to comment